Saturday, June 25, 2011

What We Did on Our Summer Vacation: Muddy Puddles!

This poor blog has been so neglected, but I'm going to try to revive it this summer. This is the first summer where I feel like I truly have time off! We FINALLY finished school last Wednesday, and I can see the summer days stretching out ahead of us. I hoping to work just 1 or 2 days a week, which will be a nice change from the 5-6 I work during the school year. Summers off with my family = one of the biggest reasons I chose to work in schools. :)

This is a big summer for the girls; Ava is 2 1/2 and learning SO MUCH, and the twins just turned 1 and are running around like little maniacs, into everything. I really don't want the summer to pass us by, for us to look back and realize that we wasted the long days not doing much of anything (although SOME days like that are very wonderful!). So, I thought I would start blogging some of the things we're doing, maybe in hopes of inspiring me to do even more.

Since it has been raining since Tuesday (seriously), there wasn't too much happening outdoors this week. But, Thursday it poured, and Ava asked to jump in muddy puddles, just like Peppa Pig. Why not? We suited her up in old clothes, her (almost too small) rain coat, and her froggy rain boots and let her go to town. She got soaked. And filthy. ;)

(Excuse the quality -- taken with my phone.)





1 comment:

Nichole said...

Glad to see you again! Cute pictures! I look forward to reading again. :o)