Tuesday, September 16, 2008

31 Weeks!

I missed last week's update -- it takes me twice as long to get anything done lately! I am feeling good, though, just exhausted. I can't believe I only have 8 or 9 weeks to go. BP looks good, and Ava is still moving around like mad. She gets the hiccups three or four times a day now, which apparently means that she is practicing her breathing!

Sad news, though -- I had to take my wedding rings off due to some slight (and normal) swelling. :( It took an entire day (and 6 attempts) to get my band off. I tried every trick under the sun, but the winner was BUTTER. Here is a picture of my poor finger afterwards.


The nursery is coming along, just a few more things to finish. As soon as it is completely done, I'll post final pictures. And we start our classes next week -- I am so excited! These are the classes we are signed up for:
  • Labor 101, 102, 103 (will go through all types of delivery, medications, hospital tour, etc.)
  • Parenting 0-6 months
  • Breastfeeding 101
  • First Aid
  • Infant CPR

Here is what Ava is up to this week:
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. She weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. She can turn her head from side to side, and her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath her skin. She's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.


No comments: