A few reasons why we decided to stay an extra year...
- The housing market is just not good. I think that any extra time we can give the market to rebound before trying to sell will only help us. We would also like a little time to enjoy the house that we've put SO much work into! And an extra year will give us a chance to finish a few more projects (re-building our deck, new roof, etc.).
- Delaying our move will give us a chance to do one or more in-vitro cycles for FREE as opposed to $20 to $25K per cycle. We have full coverage for four more rounds with our current insurance. Massachusetts is one of the few states in the country that has mandated infertility coverage, so we are very lucky to have this insurance and are very, very unlikely to get it elsewhere. We'd like to give Ava a sibling or two at some point!
- I have an opportunity to start my internship in the spring instead of waiting until next fall. This would allow me to graduate a semester early, which means when we do move I can look for an actual job as a full-fledged school psychologist and not an intern -- a much better situation salary-wise (and much easier to find and coordinate).
- We're not completely sure where we want to move to! Chicago is always an option, but we are looking at other parts of the country as well (Dave's top choice right now is Vegas). Delaying the move gives us more time to research different parts of the country and their schools, salaries, cost of living, etc.
So, that's it! RI will remain our home for the next two years!
No comments:
Post a Comment