Saturday, August 9, 2008

25 Weeks (and 4 Days)!

I know, I know... I am horribly late this week! But it has been a crazy week! We had our first (and hopefully last) trip to the ER on Tuesday. I was having trouble catching my breath and I had some pressure in my chest. My BP also shot up to 145/90, so my doctor sent me over to the ER. 7 hours and many tests later, everything looks fine/normal and my BP is back down. We have no idea why I felt that way, but we will be monitoring my BP more closely from now on.

Lots going on this week! The crib is set up, and it only took Dave 30 minutes! I was pretty shocked. He is staining the furniture to match as we speak. As you can see from the pictures below, the chair rail is up, although it needs to be painted (white). The colors of the room are much, much better in person, but you get the idea. Plus we got a 20% coupon for one item at BRU, so we are going to buy our glider/ottoman next week! I am so excited. Not only do we save $100 with the coupon, we also have some gift cards to put towards it. The nursery is coming together! Lots of pictures to come as soon as the furniture is stained and put in place.

Ava continues to amaze me every day. I can now feel feet and elbows gliding across my skin, which is hysterical. She also has quite the little attitude. She hates it when anything is up against my belly (a book, the edge of the computer, the kitchen counter) and tries to kick it away. And when I lay on my side, she wedges her feet in between my belly and the bed, which tickles like crazy. Also, Dave is now able to hear her heartbeat by putting his ear to my belly! She usually tries to kick his ear away -- what a stinker!

Here's what is happening with our little girl this week:

Head to heels, your baby now measures about 13 1/2 inches. Her weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but she's beginning to exchange her long, lean look for some baby fat. As she does, her wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and she'll start to look more and more like a newborn. She's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.

Here is the crib, all set up (but not in place yet). The light spots on it are just reflections from the light.




No comments: