She's actually been crawling backwards since she turned 7 months (and is super fast!), but she just started crawling forwards about a week ago. :) She has this activity table with a door that opens and closes. For some reason she HATES when it is open and will try anything to get to it to slam it shut. I had a feeling that it would be just the thing to entice her to crawl forward -- and it worked! I caught her very first attempt on camera -- I love how proud of herself she looks at the end. :) She's now getting really good at it and will crawl across the rug. Between the crawling, the rolling, and the scooting, she can get anywhere she wants to go pretty quickly. We're in trouble now!
She's also eating lots of new things lately, including some table food. We've introduced cheese (YUM!), yogurt (eh), and pasta (YUMMMMMM!). We just introduced chicken over the weekend, and she LOVES it. I made her these yummy chicken casseroles with veggies and cheese. They are actually really delicious -- no wonder she eats them up!
She's been soaking up language like crazy lately. She says "hi" all the time. I don't think she really knows what it means, but she mimics me saying it a lot, and a few times she has said it to me when I enter the room. We've also been using a few simple signs with her since she was about four months (I've read a ton about baby signing in my field -- it is WONDERFUL!). We consistently sign for "milk," (bottles), "more," and "all done." While she can't sign back yet, she has been showing that she understands the "milk" sign. When she's hungry, she gets excited when we sign "milk," and if she's antsy when we're trying to feed her, seeing the sign often helps her settle down. I can't believe how much she is learning!
No comments:
Post a Comment