Last week was so crazy that I didn't have a chance to post. Wednesday my blood pressure was pretty high (at one point as high as 155/102), so my doc sent me over to the ER. After every test under the sun, a quick ultrasound to check fluid levels (which were great), and a non-stress test (also perfect), my BP fell on its own and I was sent home. A quick follow-up on Friday revealed a slightly high BP (128/90), but again all labs looked fine.
I had another follow-up today, and again my BP was elevated (140/90), but all labs came back fine. So, I am being diagnosed with pregnancy-induced hypertension. This is different from preeclampsia in that my liver/kidneys are still functioning properly, but my BP keeps rising.
So, here's the plan. Based on the rising blood pressure and Ava's size, we WILL deliver by 39 weeks (only 3 weeks from now!!!). From here on out I am written out of work, but I am not on bedrest. I will go in twice weekly for BP checks, protein checks, and non-stress tests. I also have an ultrasound this afternoon to make sure that Ava's growth has not slowed. If at any time my BP goes above 160/100, I will be induced.
So there you have it! In less than 22 days, Ava will be HERE!
Pictures to come soon (I swear)!
Monday, October 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment