Friday, October 3, 2008

33 Weeks (and 3 Days)!!

Not too much to report. I am hoping Ava "drops" soon, because I am starting to have a really hard time breathing! Just a few more days until our growth scan -- I can't wait to see how big she is!

Here's what Ava is up to this week:

This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds (heft a pineapple) and has passed the 17-inch mark. She's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and her skeleton is hardening. The bones in her skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a conehead-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as her brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.



1 comment:

DGSkarvan said...

The baby's room looks lovely and you already are such an educated mom! I remember how weird it felt to feel elbows through my large tummy with each of my babes. So glad all of your tests were successful at your last OB visit. Love your blog; wish I could get it together for us here, but think not so, will enjoy your's! Prayers for continued good health and safe delivery. You are more than on task, Jill...Continue to enjoy your new experience. Much Love, Aunt Dana and Netherlands Crew