Saturday, May 31, 2008

15 Weeks!

I know, I know -- this post is really late! I'm sorry!

I feel GREAT -- not nearly as tired. We still listen to the hearbeat every day, and it has consistently been about 160 bpm. We have our next appointment next Tuesday (16 weeks), and I am hoping we'll be able to learn the sex, although it may be a bit too early if Baby Rock isn't cooperating. Hurry and cast your vote just in case!

Here is what's happening with Baby Rock this week:

Our growing baby now measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs in at about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). She's busy moving amniotic fluid through her nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in her lungs begin to develop. Her legs are growing longer than her arms now, and she can move all of her joints and limbs. Although her eyelids are still fused shut, she can sense light. If we shine a flashlight at my tummy, for instance, she's likely to move away from the beam.

And here's a picture:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're lookin' great, Neice Jill. I love your blog for keeping me/us up-to-date. Feel Good, Aunt Dana:-)

SallyHaynes said...

Hi Jill...awesome news! Sounds like you're feeling pretty good and very excited. Yea for you guys! Those 3-D ultrasound pics are different...never saw one before. You look beautiful! Lots of love, Sally